Spasskoye - Lutovinovo


12141 байт

I.S. Turgenev. Den'ers photo. The end of the 1850s

Manor of I.S.Turgenev Spasskoye-Lutovinovo is family nest of the great writer. Here he spent his childhood, here he had visited and long lived in adulthood. In Spasskoye-Lutovinovo Turgenev worked on the creation of the novels “Rudin”, “Home of the Gentry”, “Of the Eve”, “Fathers and children”, wrote many stories, tales, poems in prose. 

Turgenev guests in the Spasskoye-Lutovinovo were A.A. Fet, M.S. Shchepkin, N.A. Nekrasov. L.N.Tolstoy. M.G Savina, V.M. Garshin and many other prominent representatives of Russian culture.


   10817 байт

The entrance

Spasskoye-Lutovinovo and shady linden alley, its surroundings are reflected in the pages of  "Notes of a hunter", novels, short stories. Turgenev, who in the world made ??famous bright, but full of irresistible charm natural beauty of central Russia.

21488 байт

Manor house

Turgenev's house, with its huge library, a writers workroom, living room, "Savinskaya room" is inextricably linked with the memory of the writer's creative meditations, his intimate conversations and heated arguments with friends, with the memory of the harsh lutovinovskoy antiquity.
    The house, like all the estate, has a long and complex history. He is only one part of the main house of the original estate, built great-uncle Ivan Turgenev Lutovinov in the first decade of the XIX century. According to contemporaries, the house was shaped shelving Lutovinova horseshoe. In the middle is a wooden two-story building with columns along the facade, enormous for the time fivemetres windows in the main hall "two of the world" and a lot of room to the master, family members and servants. From the main building on both sides disagreed semicircular stone galleries, each ended with a wooden part. 1 (13) May 1839 most of the houses burned. Survived the fire only the left, south-west part of the house, that is, the stone gallery with the adjoining wooden outhouse. Remaining after a fire left part was overhauled and began to serve the main house of the estate. In the 1840s, V.P. Turgeneva, mother of the writer, to the house were made by two extensions, which houses the "casino" and a library.

13361 байт

Writers workroom

Since 1850, Spasskoye-Lutovinovo was owned Turgenev. For many years, Ivan Sergeyevich did not make radical changes to the device at home. but when it appointed rooms and furnishings accordingly evolved considerably. Empty rooms for servants in the attic, it was "his own madam office" for "girls room" and "Casino" are preserved only previous title, to your liking writer furnished office, one of the main rooms of the house has a library. In the last years of his life began to pay Turgenev device Spasskoye home more and more attention, going to live in it for a long time. In the spring of 1880 began not only repair, but also a thorough restructuring of the house. To the library was made, another extension to four rooms, a redesigned central porch and balcony on the mezzanine floor constructed all the buildings were decorated with openwork wooden carvings.

15218 байт


After Turgenev's death, a period of looting and destruction of many houses relics of the Spasskoye. Turgenev's heirs did not live in the estate of the writer. Out of the house they were removed furniture and Luggages. In the night from 19 to 20 January 1906 Spasskoye house burned down. Surviving things. Library furniture and home Spasskoye became the basis of the museum Turgenev. Open November 23, 1918 in Orel in the house of the writer.
     Based on the collected at the museum Turgenev plans, lists, photos, certificates memoirs drafted restoration of the main house and the estate of its interiors.
     In the summer of 1976 the restoration of the house was completed. Furniture and things Turgenev. kept in a museum in Orel returned to the Spasskoye-Lutovinovo. The house is a memorial exhibition, which reproduces the situation at home in the form in which it was in 1881, the last visit of the writer in Spasskoye.

Languages: Russian, English.

Excursions in other foreign languages are possible by request.